Setting up Braintree
- To add Braintree as your payment method, you will need to choose the Payment method name and fill out the following form:
- Once you have your Braintree profile, you must copy/paste the following information into the above form:
- Payment method name
- Your merchant ID
- API public key
- API private key
- Merchant for your shop’s currency
Here are short instructions on where to access them:
- Open your Braintree profile, click the Cogwheel and select API.
- Click View on the API Keys page, where you can find the following information:
- API Public key (Public key)
- API Private Key (Private key)
- Merchant ID
- To obtain the data needed for the Merchant for your shop’s currency field, click the Cogwheel in your Braintree profile and select Business.
This is where you will find the Merchant Accounts from where you can copy a Merchant Account ID into your Merchant for your shop’s currency field.
- You can check Settle payments automatically. This means the payments will happen automatically, otherwise the payments will have to be settled manually in Orders section.
- You can set Provision amount. Example: 30 cents.
- Add any additional settings to the payment method and click Submit .
Important! Before publishing your site (going live), be sure to check if you are using production credentials for Braintree.
On the Payment methods page you can Edit details about all your payment methods and confirm any changes you’ve made by clicking Submit .
This is where you can also disable/enable the payment method by clicking yes or no in the list of payment methods. You can do this separately for Shop and Booking.