Before adding products to your shop you should make sure you set up the correct type of product group. The default simple product group is already set in your DG1 but the moment you wish to diversify groups of products according to specifications or added variations, you should prepare separated product groups.
To create a new product group is very simple.
- Go to Catalog, click Product groups.
- Click Add .
- Select group type:
- Simple for all products
- Variation for specific products which will be given variants or variations to the main product.
- Click Add new .
Note! To read more on how to prepare a variation group and variations, go to Add product variations part of manuals.
- Enter Product group details:
- Enter the Name of the group.
- Key is written automatically.
- Custom product group ID - your own identifier for this product group. Useful for importing products via Product import.
- Add a Description to your likings - only for internal use.
- Type - just shown for you to double check which type have you selected.
- Show product price - By default this option is set to yes. If you wish to hide the prices of products in this product group, than you should choose “No”.
Once you add or edit products to your catalog, you can still decide to show or hide the price for that specific product.
- Click Submit to confirm.