Add new product (for simple products)
Note! New attribute groups can always be added on the spot when adding new product.
- Navigate to the Shop section in your DG1 platform, select Catalog and click Products.
- Click Add product to add a new product.
Note: New users, adding the first product to their shop, are redirected to the Add new product page to enter the product details, described below under step 4.
- Select product type and click Add new .
As each product requires a lot of information before it can be added to your shop, it is worth spending some extra time to get familiarized with all the product details fields. The details you provide change the way a product is displayed and help your customers find the product. They also make it easier for you to organize your products. You do not have to provide every detail for each product but the more the merrier.
- Below is a detailed overview of all the product details in tabs on the Add new product page:
Product info tab
- General settings
- Name - The name is a word or a set of words by which your product is known.
- URL - Automatically generated URL for your product based on the name of the product.
- Short description - Description of a product, which should not exceed 220 characters. All the other product information should be added to Attributes.
- Price with tax / Price without tax - This is your gross or net price, which depends on the general settings in your Site section.
- Tax rate - Add the tax rate, which is valid in the country where your products are sold and shipped to (country-specific).
- Show price - By default the price is inherited from the type of product group selected for each product. But you can also decide to Show the price or Hide the price of each product.
- Product can be bought - Uncheck this option to prevent the purchase of the product. The product will still be visible in your online shop but nobody will be able to buy it.
- Measurement unit - Select the measurement unit which will be used when calculating price per unit.
- Net quantity - Quantity in one purchase. Refers to Add to cart unit. Example: If the price for a net quantity of 0.25 kg is 2 USD, the price for 1 kg will be 8 USD. Price per kg is automatically calculated by the system and shown in the front end of your shop.
- Add to cart unit - Select a unit that will be used when adding products to the cart. "Pieces" will prevent customers from entering decimal values into the quantity field. All other units will allow decimal values. (E.g.: 1.25 kg)
- Type - Type of product group that you chose beforehand.
- Group - The name of the product group to which this product will be added.
- Brand - The name that distinguishes the products in the eyes of the customer.
- Categories - Each product has to be placed in a certain category or subcategory. By clicking checkboxes, you can decide which category or subcategory the product will be placed in. Example: Fitaki fresh cheese. Add product under “Milk, eggs and milk products” -> Cheese -> Feta cheese, mozzarella etc.
To learn how to add, delete or edit categories, see Product categories.
- SKU - Stock keeping unit is a unique number for the product. It is your internal number that helps you organize your inventory.
- Custom product ID - An additional number for identifying the product (optional).
- GTIN/EAN/UPC/Barcode - Global trade item number is another number you can add. You can add more barcodes by clicking +Add GTIN/EAN/UPC/Barcode, or remove them by clicking Remove.
- Product measurements with packaging - If you check This is a physical product, simply enter all the product measurements with packaging. When unchecked, you can leave it as it is or add the volume of your product.
- Tobacco & alcohol - Check the corresponding checkbox for tobacco or alcoholic products.
- Additional shipping requirements - Here you can select Refrigerated and/or Fragile options.
- Additional settings
- External URL - The user will be redirected to the URL instead of opening the product page.
- Custom email recipient - type the email address to which the order confirmation of this specific product will also be sent to.
- Include search words - you can define search words, which will help the internal search engine find the product.
- Activate product - uncheck this option to hide the product everywhere.
- Display in products grid - uncheck this option to hide the product in the product grid.
- You can choose to deactivate your product for a certain period. Use the fields with the calendar symbol after “Deactivated from/to” and select the start/end date and time to set the period during which the product will be deactivated.
- Quantity restrictions for regular buyers - Limit the sales or force the sales of a specific product per regular customer by using the maximum quantity restriction or the minimum quantity restriction. Maximum quantity is useful for shops with limited or controlled stock (Example: your customers can buy a maximum of 10 pcs of T-shirts). Minimum quantity is useful for shops with products sold by volume or weight (Example: Your customers have to buy a minimum of 1 kg of apples).
- Quantity restrictions for company buyers - Limit or force the sales of a specific product per company customer by using the maximum or minimum quantity restriction respectively.
- SEO image - choose an image to enable Google search by image.
- SEO Description - a short description for external search engines.
- SEO keywords - These are search words used by external search engines. Example: Fitaki, cheese, fresh cheese, Greek cheese. You can use several words or phrases, as long as you separate them with commas.
Images & videos tab
You can upload multiple images and add links to videos for each product in the Images & videos tab.
- How to add an image:
- Click Select files and then Upload.
- Click Upload files by and a new window will open.
- When you have selected a picture, click Open and then SELECT & CLOSE.
Note: Once a picture is uploaded it will stay in the File system database, until you manually delete it!
- How to add videos:
- Click Add a video .
- Paste a video URL from either Youtube, Vimeo or any other video sharing site. You can add up to three video links per product.
- Click Submit .
Note: You can not upload a video from your computer.
To add attributes for your product, you must first create and group them. To learn how to create and manage them, see Attributes.
- To save the product, click Submit . The product will be saved and added to your Products index page.