Add new attribute
- Navigate to the Settings section in your DG1 admin panel and select Attributes.
- To add a new attribute, click Add .
- Enter details about the new attribute:
- The Name of the new attribute will be “Product description”.
- The Key is automatically inserted.
- The Description of your attribute should be something very simple, for instance Everything about the product.
- Status must be set to Enabled.
- Visibility must be set to Visible.
- Type defines different options of how you will deliver information which will describe the product. Example: The type of information used for describing a product in the above example should be set to Advanced text editor. For attribute Expiration date the type should be set to Date. For attribute Color the information can be provided with types such as Select, Select with image or Multi-select.
Note: With certain attribute types you can also set the Default value to be used with your products. Just remember to save each product or product group for the respective attribute to be used with all products within that group.
You can choose between the following attribute types:
|Text***||Plain text field, used to enter short text strings without formatting, limited to one line.|
|Date***||Date field with a date picker (a calendar grid from which you choose the year, month, and day).|
|Text area***||Text area field or a multi-line text input field used to enter longer plain text strings in multiple lines.|
|Number***||A number field that accepts either integer or decimal numbers.|
|Advanced text editor***||A rich text field that accepts alphanumeric characters and text formatting options.|
|Select||Selection field for choosing a single predefined text option.|
|Select with image||Selection field for choosing a single predefined option with an image. Example: product color variations|
|Multi-select||Selection field for choosing multiple predefined options.|
|Link to||Selection field for choosing a single predefined option.|
|Checkbox||Selection field, usually used for choosing between two mutually exclusive options by checking or unchecking the box.|
- With all selection fields (Select, Select with image, Multi-select) you must specify the available options. Example:
*** Validation: With some attribute types (Text, Date and Number) you can choose between different forms of validation, which are listed below.
|Text with spaces||This field accepts alphanumeric characters with spaces only.|
|Date||Date field with a date picker (a calendar to choose from).|
|Alphanumeric||This field accepts alphanumeric characters without spaces.|
|URL||A Uniform Resource Locator is the address of a given page on the World Wide Web, usually called a link.|
|Integer||Input field for whole numbers that can be positive, negative or zero.|
|Decimal||Input field for decimal numbers.|
- To save your new attribute, click Submit and the attribute will be added to the index page with all the attributes.
To view the details of each attribute, click View .
You can Edit and change the characteristics of each attribute, but do not forget to click Submit .
To delete attributes, click Delete and confirm deletion with OK.