Setting up Braintree
- Enter details about the payment:
- This is information you will need from Braintree payment profile:
- Payment method name
- Your merchant ID
- API public key
- API private key
- Merchant for your shop’s currency
Once you created Braintree profile, you must copy/paste the following information, as listed above.
- In your Braintree profile go to Cogwheel and then to API.
- Click View and here is all the information.
- You will find following information (copy to DG1):
- API Public key (Public key)
- API Private Key (Private key)
- Merchant ID
- Merchant for your shop’s currency.
For the Merchant Account ID, go to Cogwheel and click Business.
- You will find Merchant Accounts and you copy a Merchant Account ID into your Merchant for your shop’s currency field.
- You can check Make commit right after authorization. This means the payments will happen automatically, otherwise the payments will have to be settled manually in Orders section.
- You can set Provision amount. Example: 30 cents.
- To save a payment method click Submit .
Before publishing site (going live) user or boarding member should definitely check whether they are using production credentials for payment methods like PayPal, Stripe, Payrexx or BrainTree.
You can Edit a payment method and click Submit when you want to save changes.
You can disable the payment method by clicking yes or no in the list of payment methods. You can do so separately for shop and booking.