Google Analytics tracking measures your website’s visits, user’s geolocation, number of shop transactions, reserved bookings and much more. DG1 currently supports the use of Google Universal Analytics Property and Google Analytics 4 property (GA4). To use Google Universal Analytics Property please make sure you follow the instructions for the Analytics Property below.
On this page
- Steps to enable these feature on Google Analytics
- How to create Universal Google Analytics property
- Add Google Analytics integration within DG1 platform
- Additional information for Google Analytics
Steps to enable these feature on Google Analytics
- Login to Google Analytics (or create account)
- Click here to login
- Retrieve Google Analytics tracking ID
- For more information on how to create new Google Analytics account and get your tracking id, please click here.
Save tracking id as you will need it in the next step where you will create Google Analytics integration within DG1 platform.
How to create Universal Google Analytics property
- Navigate to Create Property and add a new Property.
- Add the name and click Show advanced options.
- Create a Universal Analytics property and add the Website's URL. Make sure the toggle is on. Click Next.
- Select options according to your business and desires.
- Click Create.
Add Google Analytics integration within DG1 platform
- Log into DG1 platform admin section.
- Navigate to Plugins. Create new integration by clicking Add under Google Analytics.
- Copy tracking ID from Universal Google Analytics and paste it into the Tracking Id field. When using Google Analytics 4 property (GA4) copy GA4 Measurement ID and paste it into the Tracking Id field.
- Click Submit to confirm.
Now that Google Analytics integration was created, website, shop and booking information will automatically start collecting. It takes about a day for this information to be available within Google Analytics application.
Google Analytics integration will add all regular information like user’s visits, geolocation, etc. For more on how to use this information, click here.
Additionally DG1 will collect information about more specific user’s interactions like number of flipped items, etc.
Additional information for Google Analytics
- To view information about what data DG1 additionally provides click on added Google Analytics integration.
- Click Additional information and you will find a list of all custom DG1 events that you can view and measure in the Google Analytics application.
This integration requires user’s cookie consent.
To remove this condition uncheck Cookie notice in Site language in your Shop section.